Professional help with personal statement

Started by omutk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

omutk

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some professional help editing and looking over my personal statement. Can someone redirect me to a place/ person that is able to do so?
 
I want someone that has experience with editing pre-professional school application personal statements. The one at my university was helpful, but I want my statement to be great


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For me, getting the opinions and feedback from multiple people trump an individual's professional help. It's a statement and defining it as great would be a subjective process. It makes sense to appeal to the masses rather than one professional; you never know who reads your statements on adcoms.

The only professional help I would heavily consider would be grammar, syntax or general flow of the statement.
 
Thus far, my personal statement just flows as it goes. Meaning, I basically just wrote my story and why I am writing this personal statement. Someone suggested to me that I should reconsider the outline of it. That I should make it like a traditional essay with an intro, thesis, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. I kind of followed this but not really, just opened up told my story and wrapped things up. Any suggestions?