Professionalism Form and AOA eligibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goopy73

Reaction score
Hey guys, MS2 at a p/f east school and upon finishing preclinical (wohoo!:clap:) it looks like I'd be within the top quartile of my class based on data our school gives us. I was told earlier in the year that if I kept up my performance I'd be eligible to be considered for AOA. Sounds great, right?

Welllllll..... I guess I dropped the ball on a written assignment for our clinical skills course, and I was hit with a professionalism form. The thing is, tho, that our school does this thing where if you only have one form, you can "remediate" it with a faculty 1-on-1 discussion that hopefully will make students understand the nature of this type of muckup in a real professional setting - and it won't go on the MSPE unless you get another professionalism form.. Phew!

But now, I'm starting to wonder if it impacts the AOA eligibility? If they track our numerical grades at a p/f school I am sure they have internal systems that tell them about "remediated" professionalism forms.........Does anyone know if this plays a roll in eligibility at your schools? My school is pretty murky on eligibility, but it's pretty much stuck to the, do well in school, have some good ECs and leadership and you have a good shot, dogma in the past.

I know I should probably have a conversation with our academic counselor since he is the one who planted the "AOA" seed in my mind, but truthfully I'm kinda embarrassed about it, and also I'm well into the grind right now so I don't want to formally hear any disheartening news.

Members don't see this ad.

If you would like us to speculate based on no evidence that this will not impact your AOA eligibility, then sure. That.

If you would like to actually know the answer to your question, then you should ask your school, even if the answer winds up being "disheartening."

• Love
Reactions: 4 users