Professor one hour late for class!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
So...I had class last night. It's a zoom class, and I'm the professor. Got home from day job, did some grading, and then cooked dinner. Figured I'd take some time to relax before class, and went down to the basement to play a videogame. Around 6:50, I go up stairs to get a few more bites before class starts at 7pm. I noticed i have a dozen new texts and voicemails on my phone. Turns out class was supposed to start at 6! My students are awesome, so they were actually really worried and were checking police report websites for accidents. I'm teaching a few classes this semester, and the other one is more regular and starts at 7pm, so i just flaked on it! Being the good guy that I am (and at the suggestion of my wife) i sent them all a Dunkin gift card as an apology for wasted their time (and scaring them!).

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
So...I had class last night. It's a zoom class, and I'm the professor. Got home from day job, did some grading, and then cooked dinner. Figured I'd take some time to relax before class, and went down to the basement to play a videogame. Around 6:50, I go up stairs to get a few more bites before class starts at 7pm. I noticed i have a dozen new texts and voicemails on my phone. Turns out class was supposed to start at 6! My students are awesome, so they were actually really worried and were checking police report websites for accidents. I'm teaching a few classes this semester, and the other one is more regular and starts at 7pm, so i just flaked on it! Being the good guy that I am (and at the suggestion of my wife) i sent them all a Dunkin gift card as an apology for wasted their time (and scaring them!).
Glad you're ok (I would be the first to suggest checking for accidents rofl). A life lesson that poop happens and sometimes donuts.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, just had a virtual birthing class with my wife where the prof. accidentally taught the same class twice. She got a little out of sorts due to construction on the house. Life happens. At least no kids wandered into the room while you were live on CNN. Welcome to the new world!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My worst nightmare, lol

Happens to the best of us, lol.