Profile Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jambo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering about pharm school acceptance.

Here are my stats so you can refer to them when I ask my questions.

Undergraduate School: Rutgers New Brunswick
Overall GPA:3.48
Sci GPA: 3.17 without the first semester of orgo
Current Grades: I have gotten a high B on my first orgo exam and a high B low A on my second orgo exam.
PCAT: No out yet once they are I will put on.
Overall coursework: I took only one math class and that was calc. Took three upper level econ courses and AP for micro and macro. This semester I have taken some electives and orgo.
Experience:Sadly none

Schools I will be applying to:
Rutgers-If i get it will definitely go
Pitt-second choice
Long Island University-third choice
MCPHS
University of California : San Fransisco
University of the Pacific

Here are my questions (please refer to the stats when answering)
What are my chances?
Is that a good list of schools to be applying to?
Are there other easier pharm school I can apply to?
Any other thoughts you guys have?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was wondering about pharm school acceptance.

Here are my stats so you can refer to them when I ask my questions.

Undergraduate School: Rutgers New Brunswick
Overall GPA:3.48
Sci GPA: 3.17 without the first semester of orgo
Current Grades: I have gotten a high B on my first orgo exam and a high B low A on my second orgo exam.
PCAT: No out yet once they are I will put on.
Overall coursework: I took only one math class and that was calc. Took three upper level econ courses and AP for micro and macro. This semester I have taken some electives and orgo.
Experience:Sadly none

Schools I will be applying to:
Rutgers-If i get it will definitely go
Pitt-second choice
Long Island University-third choice
MCPHS
University of California : San Fransisco
University of the Pacific

Here are my questions (please refer to the stats when answering)
What are my chances?
Is that a good list of schools to be applying to?
Are there other easier pharm school I can apply to?
Any other thoughts you guys have?

I dont know about your chances, but I think you need some experience under your belt. What extracurriculars are you involved in? Students with no experience or extracurriculars get into pharmacy school with stellar GPAs and PCAT scores. I for example, got in with average GPA and PCAT, but an outstanding resume, which included research, 5 yrs as a pharmacy tech, executive board of 3 university organizations and extensive amounts of volunteer experience.

Sift through all the schools on PharmCAS and check out their average GPA of accepted first year students. Apply to the schools with average GPA of accepted students similar to yours and I think you will be ok. In the mean time, I suggest you volunteer for a hospital or something. People with experience in health care generally have a good idea of why they want to pursue it and adcoms like to see highly motivated and determined individuals. Experience will also give you something to talk about in your personal statement. Good luck!

For UOP/UCSF, your GPA is in an acceptable range (lower end for sci GPA). Your acceptance will depend pretty heavily on other factors (Personal statement, LORs, ECs, leadership, interview).