• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Program contacting applicants

chicubs1116

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
    Hey I was wondering if anyone out there were being contacted by programs that they applied to saying that they have ranked you well and that they hope hope you pick them. It would be helpful to know if this is a common practice.

shellfish

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 6, 2004
      chicubs1116 said:
      Hey I was wondering if anyone out there were being contacted by programs that they applied to saying that they have ranked you well and that they hope hope you pick them. It would be helpful to know if this is a common practice.

i only got that from one program. the rest of the programs i got one of those "we feel you would make a great fit and hope you seriously consider our program" and then from my top choice i got "good luck with the match." :confused: not a great sign, eh?

kas23

Registered Abuser
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 13, 2004
        Yeah, that stuff is starting to heat up. The programs know that we shouldn't wait till the last week (due to "cybertraffic"), so I think the majority of those letters/notices/wishes of the "best luck" should be coming in this week. I have already been notified by 4 programs this week only and a sprinkling of about 2 programs over the last 4 weeks. Only a couple of the programs have said that they plan to rank me "highly."

I really don't want them saying any more than that because #1 it may actually sway my decision (when it really shouldn't - but we're all human) and #2 it will offer me a sense of false hope and I really don't want empty promises.

I have not received any "you are our best candidate this year..." lines, nor have I received any "we'll rank you high enough to match" lines.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.