Program contacting applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicubs1116

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone out there were being contacted by programs that they applied to saying that they have ranked you well and that they hope hope you pick them. It would be helpful to know if this is a common practice.

Members don't see this ad.

chicubs1116 said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone out there were being contacted by programs that they applied to saying that they have ranked you well and that they hope hope you pick them. It would be helpful to know if this is a common practice.

i only got that from one program. the rest of the programs i got one of those "we feel you would make a great fit and hope you seriously consider our program" and then from my top choice i got "good luck with the match." :confused: not a great sign, eh?

Yeah, that stuff is starting to heat up. The programs know that we shouldn't wait till the last week (due to "cybertraffic"), so I think the majority of those letters/notices/wishes of the "best luck" should be coming in this week. I have already been notified by 4 programs this week only and a sprinkling of about 2 programs over the last 4 weeks. Only a couple of the programs have said that they plan to rank me "highly."

I really don't want them saying any more than that because #1 it may actually sway my decision (when it really shouldn't - but we're all human) and #2 it will offer me a sense of false hope and I really don't want empty promises.

I have not received any "you are our best candidate this year..." lines, nor have I received any "we'll rank you high enough to match" lines.