Program director change? - UT Dell (Austin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prok

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with this program back in October and thought it was decent. They had some good opportunities, tons of resources, and Austin is a great place to live. Strangely, we didn't meet the program director on that interview day. Today, they sent out an email saying one of the assistant directors was taking over.

I did like the program, but it seems like a sudden change like this could affect training. Anybody else interview here and have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed here in December and there was not mention of the change until we were there and met the woman who was introduced as temporary PD. The explanation given was that previous PD was wearing too many hats and it made more sense for someone with more time to fill the role. However, she did not seem clear on whether or nor she would stay in that role or if there would be a national search later on. I'd be interested in knowing what the email you received said.

I interviewed with this program back in October and thought it was decent. They had some good opportunities, tons of resources, and Austin is a great place to live. Strangely, we didn't meet the program director on that interview day. Today, they sent out an email saying one of the assistant directors was taking over.

I did like the program, but it seems like a sudden change like this could affect training. Anybody else interview here and have any thoughts?

It could be everything and it could be nothing. If I were going through the match again, I would make a list of all the programs I'm going to rank, assume the worst about all of them, calculate how that will affect me and make my rank list accordingly. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user