Program Rank List Deadlin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying mantis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the deadline for programs to put in their ranklist? I've heard a rumor that it is earlier than our deadline as applicants. Anyone know for sure?

Members don't see this ad.

praying mantis said:
Does anyone know the deadline for programs to put in their ranklist? I've heard a rumor that it is earlier than our deadline as applicants. Anyone know for sure?

Though there have been rumors that programs have to enter their lists before ours, Programs have until 9pm EST on Wednesday 2/22 just like applicants.

Programs DO usuallly enter their rank lists before we do, because they tend to meet in committees and decide on the final order. And how stupid would a program look if it didn't fill because it didn't get its list in on time?

That said, programs have until 2/22 at 9pm eastern time to submit their lists. (But I'd bet they are all done at this point.)

Considering programs will be ranking 200+ people, I wonder how long it takes to decide, enter and everything. Must really suck.

But yeah, most programs are probably pretty much done with rank lists. At most, they may have some outliers and are unsure of where or whether or not to rank them at all and will be discussing them. Hard to say though. I would think many programs would be meeting Monday or Tuesday to double (or triple or quadruple) check and finalize. However, at this point it's a safe bet that everything is out of your hands.

A few program directors have posted in other forums about this. From their comments, it seems that rank meetings have occurred and lists have been finalized (at least for their programs, and I'd imagine for most by now). As the previous posts state, their absolute deadline is the same as ours.