Program Ranking deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spaslam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an elective in Child Psych beginning Feb 1. When is the Program Ranking deadline? I am wondering if my performance will help my chances of matching at this program. Is this rotation simply too late to effect my chances? I am unclear on what date is the the final day for ranking candidates by the residency programs.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an elective in Child Psych beginning Feb 1. When is the Program Ranking deadline? I am wondering if my performance will help my chances of matching at this program. Is this rotation simply too late to effect my chances? I am unclear on what date is the the final day for ranking candidates by the residency programs.

The ranking deadline for both programs and candidates for the present cycle is February 21, 2007. As for when programs actually submit their rank lists of candidates, your guess is as good as mine -- and it is also likely that no one on SDN will be able to tell you this information (unless you also post where you are doing the child elective and someone happens to have that specific information). The easiest, most direct way to obtain this information would be to e-mail the psych program director where you are doing this child elective and asking her when she intends to submit the program's rank list. Have you tried this step yet?

-AT.