SpecterGT260

Catdoucheus
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Quick question: is there a resource or a thread around here where people rank the "quality" of each program (or at least sort them into tiers)? I have ~10 invites so far and got my first rejection today. Still have several I haven't heard from.

Basically I'd just like an idea of how competitive I am based on the ones I've received in order to make a guess at how likely I am to hear good news from some of the big programs I'm still waiting on.

Background: I've applied only to academic programs with the goal of fellowship (most likely surg Onc) afterwards.

Thanks!

joker2400

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Quick question: is there a resource or a thread around here where people rank the "quality" of each program (or at least sort them into tiers)? I have ~10 invites so far and got my first rejection today. Still have several I haven't heard from.

Basically I'd just like an idea of how competitive I am based on the ones I've received in order to make a guess at how likely I am to hear good news from some of the big programs I'm still waiting on.

Background: I've applied only to academic programs with the goal of fellowship (most likely surg Onc) afterwards.

Thanks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/top-10-general-surgery-residencies-rankings.31734/
Some discussion there, might help you.

OP
SpecterGT260

SpecterGT260

Catdoucheus
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hmmm it doesn't seem to want to open on mobile but thanks for the link. I'll check it out later.