Program Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NHans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of programs that are a mix of AE and career changing programs? I have some prerequisites done already, although not all of them. I also would like to retake some due to poor grades and others due to not being exposed to the subject matter in a while. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

At the moment I know of:

University of Virginia
UT- Dallas
San Francisco State University
Washington University, St. Louis

Are there others that have similar eligibility policies?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the link, I wasn't sure what category I was looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions. Are there others?

Also, I am sort of contemplating doing something like applying to an undergrad program to obtain another bachelor's degree, while simultaneously fulfilling the pre-med requirements. Would this be a hindrance to my application to medical school? I ask because I'd like to take the majority of the science requirements anyway, yet would also like to increase my knowledge base in another area as well.

Has anyone else done this? Or is it best to just do a dedicated Post-Bac program.

Also, how does financial aid (if any) work with post-bac programs? Do most people work P/T outside?

Other suggestions - midlife gave you a link

if you wish to do another bachelors its not going to hurt providing you do well in it - it just takes long obv.

The only drawback I can see for obtaining another Bachelor's is the time commitment when you can complete a post-baccalaureate in as little as half that time.