program reviews/opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

overnight

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that everyone seems to be dancing around the subject of program quality/opinions of programs/interview experiences/rotation experiences.

Yet this is exactly where we can be of the most use to one another.

(I've rotated through one big name program and had an experience that I'm sure certain applicants would want to know about.)

Anyway, I suppose this aversion to posting is a bit understandable (everyone has privacy concerns), but we're really failing to capitalize on each other's knowledge and experience.

How to protect anonymity:
1. register for this site using an email account that uses a pseudonym (hotmail,yahoo)
2. create a user name that has no relation to who you are.
3. don't reveal information about yourself in your posts
4. don't register on yr school email, or on an account that has yr (actual) name on it.
5. consider registering more than one username on this site
(so you post under more than one name)
6. be honest about programs without being rude
7. if you've already posted info about yourself, re-register for this site under a new anonymous name.

If we can't start exchanging thoughts about programs then this site will soon become pretty useless.

Ideally, perhaps we can start threads for each program.
People can then post their questions/answers for each program in that thread.
Might be efficient, no?
ANy other thoughts?

Knowledge is frickIng power.

Members don't see this ad.

you took the words right out of my reply, so to speak. You're idea at the end is something that I've been thinking about, having each school have its own thread, then those who have interviewed/rotated/visited there can chime in with their impression. The tough thing will be having a thread for each program and losing track of where they are, any ideas on how to fix that?

Maybe we could start with people starting threads for programs they are interested in.

Good work, let's get it started now that everyone is interviewing (4th years at least).

why don't we have threads for each region:

northeast
mid atlantic
southeast
north midwest
south midwest
northwest
southwest

kind of thing?

then again, if no one posts, this is all kinda moot...