1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Program suggestions

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by socloseithurts, Dec 19, 2008.

1. socloseithurts

10+ Year Member

hi guys...i'm new to this postbac forum and just had a few questions. i want to apply for a one year postbac/masters program. i completed my bachelors, have all the normal sci classes, took the DAT, and live in FL. do you guys have any suggestions on what programs i can do? i've heard barry was a choice, but i don't know which other ones. any suggestions/names would be helpful. thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrChuck24

DrChuck24 ~Keeping Faith~
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  4. Flushot

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The OP is pre-dent so I don't know if that helps.

Check out some dental schools and see if they have SMPs. Two off the top of my head is Tufts and Midwestern Arizona (the one I am currently at).

5. socloseithurts

10+ Year Member

yea, ive looked at the site before, but there are too many options that are non premed/predental...maybe one day i'll just have to sit down and go through them all.

thanks for the tip about tufts and midwestern. at least that gives me a couple of more options.

do you happen to know when the deadline to apply is?

6. Flushot

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    For Midwestern AZ? It's fairly late; I applied in mid March and got in about mid April. There is a quick phone interview along with it.

I suggest applying early though, like Jan or Feb, because they do fill up.

MWU has two options: the 2 year MBS and the 1 year MA. This is the first year with the MA program, which I am in, and it offers a conditional interview for all MA people. This is for all of their programs (OPT, med, dental, pharm, etc.), so it's a nice thing to have, but you must complete at least 2 quarters and have a certain set of grades/DAT/MCAT, etc.

If you want to know more, I plan to make a MWU SMP thread with info and maybe get some current students in there as well. I was fairly active on the last thread so there's a lot I can tell you and maybe others who are interested.

7. DrChuck24

DrChuck24 ~Keeping Faith~
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ooo pre-dent...well i know one that comes to mind..not sure how close you are to NJ..but UMDNJ-MBS in Newark caters to Pre-Dents..

8. smhogans

smhogans Female Future Doc
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  9. socloseithurts

10+ Year Member

thanks for the tips guys! i really appreciate it! let me know if anyone thinks of anything else. and happy holidays!

10. DocVT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Since you live in Florida, check out Barry University and Nova Southeastern, both of which have SMPs.

11. socloseithurts

10+ Year Member

thanks for the info!