Program visits

Started by trkd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trkd

Full Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the best way to set up a program visit? I understand from previous posts that I should email and say I am interested in coming by to check out the program. Do I email the PD? Do I say that I am interested in coming by for a shift or a few hours? Should I bring a white coat or will I just be kicking around with a resident (dressed up of coarse, presumably not a suit)?

I have a few programs I want to go check out but I don't want to look like a chump. Thanks!