Programs accepting every year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ijokergirl

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been looking at FRIEDA on the AMA website and several programs say accepting for 2005-2006 but not accepting for 2004-2005. My question is do these schools only accept resident's every other year? For example UAB, UK, WashU, Wake, Louisville. Maybe it says they aren't accepting application for 2004-2005 b/c they have filled those spots, which makes sense. I have also heard that many programs only accept residents every other year...so I am confused. Thanks
 
a program tries to keep a full compliment of residents but can't go over. Remember rad onc is small so they may have a compliment of lets say 6. They may not be divided as equally as possible throughout each year so some years they dont lose a resident and so don't take one.