Programs connected to specific med schools that significantly help one get in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karina 07

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Wondering if we could start a list of programs connected to med schools which help one get in there when applying later. Maybe add a note about how effective the program is when writing up about it?

E.g. BU has that graduate program. (But I don't know much about it so I don't feel qualified to comment; just trying to give an example.)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're referring to Post Bacc/SMP programs associated with given medical schools. Check that forum for an exhaustive list.

I think you're referring to Post Bacc/SMP programs associated with given medical schools. Check that forum for an exhaustive list.

Dr. Bowtie,

I've been curious about this for a while. Are you the same guy as BrettBachelor or whatever his username used to be?

Members don't see this ad :)

Sort of... but some don't really give one an edge in applying at that place's school, whereas others feed right in... and I thought maybe there might be other programs out there that I don't know about that aren't Post Bacc/SMP programs that still have a history of really helping with admissions to particular schools (e.g. even a volunteering program at a particular hospital which happens to essentially feed people into some program), so I thought to ask for any leads. Clearly this is an area I don't know much about, but I thought someone might have some stories.

Sort of... but some don't really give one an edge in applying at that place's school, whereas others feed right in... and I thought maybe there might be other programs out there that I don't know about that aren't Post Bacc/SMP programs that still have a history of really helping with admissions to particular schools (e.g. even a volunteering program at a particular hospital which happens to essentially feed people into some program), so I thought to ask for any leads. Clearly this is an area I don't know much about, but I thought someone might have some stories.

Never heard of any volunteering program as you describe. Obviously "who you know" can be a help, so you can conceivably gain some advantage working with folks who know deans, but other than BA-MD/postbac/SMP/graduate programs there are no specific feeder programs into med schools I am aware of. As the former Mr Batchelor suggested, you are likely talking about "linkage" programs, and will find more info on that in the postbac forum. Good luck.