You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Programs downloading applications
Started by pathmad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi guys,
Have any of the path programs you applied to downloaded your application yet?
University of pennsylvania is the only one that has downloaded mine.
same thing here. Upenn is the only one.
Wow, I hadn't even checked that yet, assuming nobody would have done it yet, but they downloaded me too. Funny though my USMLE scores were not downloaded because it was uploaded later in the day. . . When they get around to that, they will realize what a mistake they made in the first place 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Downloaded from Penn, UNC, CCF, Emory, UVa so far.
yeah, a few of mine have downloaded stuff
Before anyone starts posting "Why hasn't program X downloaded my app yet" please don't worry about the whole process. Every program operates on a different schedule, some download things as soon as they can to start compiling things, others wait a while, some will probably wait a month or more. And just because they are downloading info doesn't mean they will act on it right away. Downloading also doesn't mean you are a better or worse candidate.
That tracking system is a nice feature but it really doesn't serve any purpose other than to make applicants antsy and perhaps to stave off some phone calls to ERAS from panicked people asking if program X got their application or not.
That tracking system is a nice feature but it really doesn't serve any purpose other than to make applicants antsy and perhaps to stave off some phone calls to ERAS from panicked people asking if program X got their application or not.
Before anyone starts posting "Why hasn't program X downloaded my app yet" please don't worry about the whole process. Every program operates on a different schedule, some download things as soon as they can to start compiling things, others wait a while, some will probably wait a month or more. And just because they are downloading info doesn't mean they will act on it right away. Downloading also doesn't mean you are a better or worse candidate.
That tracking system is a nice feature but it really doesn't serve any purpose other than to make applicants antsy and perhaps to stave off some phone calls to ERAS from panicked people asking if program X got their application or not.
Nice comment yaah. BuT i still feel excited when 6 programs downloaded my application.
Before anyone starts posting "Why hasn't program X downloaded my app yet" please don't worry about the whole process. Every program operates on a different schedule, some download things as soon as they can to start compiling things, others wait a while, some will probably wait a month or more. And just because they are downloading info doesn't mean they will act on it right away. Downloading also doesn't mean you are a better or worse candidate.
That tracking system is a nice feature but it really doesn't serve any purpose other than to make applicants antsy and perhaps to stave off some phone calls to ERAS from panicked people asking if program X got their application or not.
Thanks for these words of advice, Yaah. I've been working on getting my application finished and reading all these reports of who's downloaded what was really starting to give me an ulcer as I agonize over my PS and try to get all my letters rounded up. Your post put it all in perspective for me. 🙂
BH
Thanks for these words of advice, Yaah. I've been working on getting my application finished and reading all these reports of who's downloaded what was really starting to give me an ulcer as I agonize over my PS and try to get all my letters rounded up. Your post put it all in perspective for me. 🙂
BH
You know BH, it's funny that you mention the ulcer, because I've been thinking I should avoid this place until I submit my application. Coming in here stresses me out.

I finally finished my PS and I'll be submitting on Friday as soon as my proofreader finishes with it.
😀 I wouldn't worry if you're still working on stuff. . . It is still super early. I'm sure nothing interesting will happen for a while.
I am thinking that the programs must have some sort of auto-downloader or something, because today several more appear as downloaded and even the ones that already did it have updated again because my USMLE transcript appeared in the meantime. Some are: Jefferson, Indiana, U Illinois, U Chicago
I am thinking that the programs must have some sort of auto-downloader or something, because today several more appear as downloaded and even the ones that already did it have updated again because my USMLE transcript appeared in the meantime. Some are: Jefferson, Indiana, U Illinois, U Chicago
So now I'm getting all ******ed and checking to see if my stuff has been downloaded yet even though I submitted a mere four hours ago.
Brigham, Emory and Vandy downloaded.
And hey, everyone post thier updated lists of programs they applied to on the 2008 thread. I wanna see if I'm going to run into some of ya'll on the internet trail.
Brigham, Emory and Vandy downloaded.
And hey, everyone post thier updated lists of programs they applied to on the 2008 thread. I wanna see if I'm going to run into some of ya'll on the internet trail.
Ok Tiki - so far here's where I've applied. There's about 6 more I'm still thinking about, but so far it's these 18: Colorado, USF, BID, MGH, BWH, Hopkins, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Duke, North Carolina, New Mexico, SUNY-Stony Brook, Ohio State, Pitt, VCU, Virginia, and Washington (Seattle, not St.L). and may we see your list, tiki? 😎
Also, when people start getting interview invites, let's start a fresh thread for that if ya'll don't mind. I like the idea of fellow applicants and current residents having an easy way to see who's interviewing where and when. This way if someone wants to identify and introduce themselves at an interview they can easily do so.
Also, when people start getting interview invites, let's start a fresh thread for that if ya'll don't mind. I like the idea of fellow applicants and current residents having an easy way to see who's interviewing where and when. This way if someone wants to identify and introduce themselves at an interview they can easily do so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, when people start getting interview invites, let's start a fresh thread for that if ya'll don't mind. I like the idea of fellow applicants and current residents having an easy way to see who's interviewing where and when. This way if someone wants to identify and introduce themselves at an interview they can easily do so.
good idea.👍
Nice, congrats on getting submitted. I'll go post my list in the 2008 thread.
Good boy!

I got a email from MUSC already. I know it's just a generic email they send to everyone, but it's so exciting!!!
Thanks for posting your list, mlw! I'll go post mine in the 2008 thread. It looks like I have the chance to run into you and Sean on the interview trail. 🙂
It happens to everyone. Programs don't selectively pick who to download. Patience.
Don't worry about it. It's early. Even if they already started it still doesn't matter. "Downloading" does not mean "reviewing and making decision on interview status."
People really need to stop worrying about this "downloading" stuff.
People really need to stop worrying about this "downloading" stuff.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K