• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Programs not accepting students this cycle?

herbalgarden

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2007
  1. Medical Student
    I have a few questions about this application cycle to anyone a little more informed:

1) Which programs are not participating in ERAS?
    2) Which programs are not participating in the match at all?
    3) What day/days during interview season will most attendings be away (i.e. national conferences)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

yeasterbunny

crazy in the coconut
    10+ Year Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Vermont
    1. Attending Physician
      I have a few questions about this application cycle to anyone a little more informed:

1) Which programs are not participating in ERAS?
      2) Which programs are not participating in the match at all?
      3) What day/days during interview season will most attendings be away (i.e. national conferences)?

Thanks!

Your first two questions are great questions and I encourage all who have any tidbit of information to contribute to its compilation in this thread. I wish I had had this at my disposal last year.

The answer to the third question is that any days during interview season in which any substantial number of attendings will be missing will not be dates the program will pick to hold interviews. ASTRO is the big meeting that has traditionally been close to interview season (late Oct-early Nov, which is still a bit before the radonc interview season), but this year ASTRO will be held in September. It will be interesting to see whether interviews start rolling in earlier than usual this year once this is over.

Scrybe9

15+ Year Member
      Oct 2, 2006
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I know that Mount Sinai in NYC is not interviewing this cycle, since they only have 6 spots for the 4 advanced years and they prefer the 2-2-2-0 approach.

Also, Moffit is not interviewing this year as well.

Any other programs that people know of?

About the Ads

Impressions

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        10+ Year Member
        Mar 8, 2006
          Just got an email from their program coordinator in reply to my inquiry about application specifics. Says their complement is full. Wish they would have let the AAMC know that before hand, as I'm sure many will apply like I did without knowing that they're not participating in the match this year.

euphio

10+ Year Member
          Jul 29, 2007

Scrybe9

15+ Year Member
            Oct 2, 2006
            1. Resident [Any Field]
              I was curious too so I emailed them.

"Our current residency complement is full through 2010. Therefore, we will not participate in the 2009 match."

Don't worry, there's other fish in the sea :)

yeasterbunny

crazy in the coconut
              10+ Year Member
              Feb 9, 2008
              Vermont
              1. Attending Physician
                Unfortunately, there is no simple answer. Some of the programs on ERAS will be grayed out and won't let you apply to them at all, you can just see those on the ERAS site. And if you compare the Freida list to the programs on ERAS you will find a few that don't use ERAS applications (i.e. U Washington, NCI, etc.) but there are always a few that ERAS allows you to pay and apply for that end up not being programs taking applicants. The only way to be sure really is to contact the individual programs you are interested in to make sure they are accepting applications (or find out word of mouth or on SDN, like this thread is supposed to be doing).

About the Ads

radoncbound

10+ Year Member
                Oct 19, 2007
                  The University of Rochester filled four spots during last year's application cycle: two for 2009 in the Match and two for 2008 off-Match (these two positions were both granted after the previous year's ERAS deadline).

They will be accepting applications for 2010 through ERAS this year.

It's a great program in a brand new Cancer Center!

MHotep

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Mar 23, 2008
                  East Coast
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    Duke has a history of having 0-2 residents per year, and then have one year with 5 residents. Now it looks like they have 6 PGY-2 residents and then 1-2 from PGY-3 to PGY-5. Basically it seems that they are totally filled because of this HUGE PGY-2 class.

Why they decided to operate their program like that is beyond me? I would actually like to hear an answer if there is someone on the message board familiar with Duke or this type of situation.

Impressions

Membership Revoked
                    Removed
                    10+ Year Member
                    Mar 8, 2006
                      Columbia and Cornell have yet to download my app yet. Does anyone know if either of them is planning on interviewing this year? It just seems late for them to have not downloaded anything...

Thanks!

cgk

15+ Year Member
                      Jan 7, 2006
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        Just received word through ERAS that VCU will not be offering any PGY-2 positions for 2010. :(

Am I correct with the years, that by this you mean that this impacts people that are applying for this years match who would start RAD/ONC in july of 2010. Do you know if they will be offering any positions for next years match?

About the Ads
                        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.