Programs on probationary accreditation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matrix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's a web page that informs the students if a certain program is in trouble - ex) probationary accreditation. If so, where should I look? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Matrix said:
Just wondering if there's a web page that informs the students if a certain program is in trouble - ex) probationary accreditation. If so, where should I look? Thanks in advance.

It's public information on the ACGME website:

Go to http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/

Select search accredited programs,enter then
fill in the specialty and state, enter,

You'll be looking at a listing for all programs in your specialty in that state.

Click on "view details" next to the program you interested in.

BTW, PDs are obligated to tell applicants and residents the accreditation status. They also must notify you any changes.

BKN PD

BKN said:
BTW, PDs are obligated to tell applicants and residents the accreditation status.

Is it "tell if asked", or is it, "We're Program X, and we're on probation"? I DO know that the RRC dictates clearly that prospective candidates have to be told prospectively, affirmatively, if they will be required to fly during their program (I'm in EM), but I'm not sure if the accreditation thing is interrogative or imperative.

Apollyon said:
Is it "tell if asked", or is it, "We're Program X, and we're on probation"? I DO know that the RRC dictates clearly that prospective candidates have to be told prospectively, affirmatively, if they will be required to fly during their program (I'm in EM), but I'm not sure if the accreditation thing is interrogative or imperative.

I believe it is required of all programs to inform their status (good or bad) to all apllicants. Whether they do or don't, you should check out the website for more info on any program in which you're interested .

BKN said:
I believe it is required of all programs to inform their status (good or bad) to all apllicants. Whether they do or don't, you should check out the website for more info on any program in which you're interested .

My program's on provisional accreditation (if you knew me, you'd know me as the resident who knows every rule, everywhere, and where to find everything, in person, in the library, and online).

I avoid my PD at almost any cost - it keeps me out of trouble.