Programs similar to B&H residency - MBA?

Started by BKN89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BKN89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've searched high and low for residency programs (not MD/MBA medical school programs) that pay for and integrate MBA training, and all I've found so far is this one from Brigham and Womens Hospital:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Dep...al_professionals/residency/Medical/MdMBA.aspx

It seems like a pretty sweet deal. Does anyone know of any similar programs? I've searched all over google and the SDN forums, but I haven't really seen anything else like this.

edit: sorry, meant to type "B&W" for the title
 
Last edited:
I've searched high and low for residency programs (not MD/MBA medical school programs) that pay for and integrate MBA training, and all I've found so far is this one from Brigham and Womens Hospital:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Dep...al_professionals/residency/Medical/MdMBA.aspx

It seems like a pretty sweet deal. Does anyone know of any similar programs? I've searched all over google and the SDN forums, but I haven't really seen anything else like this.

edit: sorry, meant to type "B&W" for the title
Christiana Care 4 years for IM residency and MBA (not as well financed as Harvard)

http://www.christianacare.org/OpportunitytoObtainMBA

Johns Hopkins Med-Peds Urban Health + MBA

http://m.hopkinsmedicine.org/medpeds_urban_health/overview.html
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to bump this thread. For all interested in a integrated residency/MBA experience. Northwestern-McGaw has launched a program for all residents or fellows to complete an MBA at the prestigious Northwestern Kellogg School of Management while in-training. The MBA is offered for a reduced number of units and does not require GMAT or GRE prior to applying. I'm currently in the program completing both my EM training and MBA. PM if interested!
 
Just wanted to bump this thread. For all interested in a integrated residency/MBA experience. Northwestern-McGaw has launched a program for all residents or fellows to complete an MBA at the prestigious Northwestern Kellogg School of Management while in-training. The MBA is offered for a reduced number of units and does not require GMAT or GRE prior to applying. I'm currently in the program completing both my EM training and MBA. PM if interested!
Nice. Do residents have to take any years of leave? Or is this like Buffalo’s program where all the coursework needs to be done prior to the end of one’s residency?
 
Nice. Do residents have to take any years of leave? Or is this like Buffalo’s program where all the coursework needs to be done prior to the end of one’s residency?

Great question! The answer is neither. You do not have to take time off to complete the MBA, it can be completeld simutaneously while as a resident or fellow.

You also do not have to finish the MBA by the time you complete residency or fellowship. You have 5 years from initiation of your MBA to complete the program.

The program also is an accelerated program, shaving off 5 units from the traditional 21 units.
 
Great question! The answer is neither. You do not have to take time off to complete the MBA, it can be completeld simutaneously while as a resident or fellow.

You also do not have to finish the MBA by the time you complete residency or fellowship. You have 5 years from initiation of your MBA to complete the program.

The program also is an accelerated program, shaving off 5 units from the traditional 21 units.
Sounds like a great deal. Does Northwestern defray some of the cost or is this program all out-of-pocket?