Programs that didn't fill

Started by antslpth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

antslpth

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that Dartmouth didn't fill 2 psych spots last year and had to scramble. Anyone know what the other programs were? I couldn't find the other programs browsing through the list...too many pages and prgms. Thxs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every program is capable of filling. Filling with what is still a question, but they can all fill. If there was a list of programs that didn't fill, the quality of these would be all over the spectrum. The only unifying feature would be over confidence. I'll bet very few programs go unfilled twice in a row.
 
I was told 40% of Child and adolescent fellowship programs didn't fill yesterday. It would be very painful if you didn't match in that buyer's market. Some very good programs can't find takers.
 
There were 5 psychiatry residency programs in 2016 that didn't fill for a total of 7 spots.

Source: http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Main-Match-Results-and-Data-2016.pdf

Dartmouth (2)
SUNY Upstate (2 rural positions)
UT Houston (2 child track)
West Virginia University (1 funded international??)

Source: http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Main-Match-Results-and-Data-2016.pdf

Not that it matters since Dartmouth has filled every year since 2012. Last year was a fluke for whatever reason. SUNY Upstate has never filled their rural positions, which are relatively new (one started in 2015, the other just last year). UT Houston has filled their child track 2 out of the 3 years they've had it. I have no idea what this funded intl position is for WVU but they've filled it 2 out of the 4 years they've had it.

Source: http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Main-Match-Program-Results-2012-2016.pdf