Programs that require Step 2 to rank....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasPhysician

Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many medical schools don't require students to have Step 2 ck and cs complete before rank lists are submitted, but certain residency programs may require them to rank you. Just in case someone needs to rearrange their schedule to rank a certain school, I figured we could list schools that require Step 2 as we find out. Feel free to jump in when you hear something.........

Members don't see this ad.

Oklahoma. It may not be an "official" requirement, but they definitely take you less seriously if they don't have confirmation that you passed by ranking time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all - I'm a third year looking ahead to my schedule for next year and am wondering if I am on the right track. With regards to Step 2 and interviewing, I was thinking of trying to take off November & December entirely, and use this time to study/take Step 2 and hopefully do the bulk of my interviews. My understanding that the Step 2CK scoring turnaround is similar to Step 1, but that Step 2CS takes quite a bit longer. Any thoughts? Thanks!