Programs which let you get your MBA during residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NYC_anest_2004

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone aware of any residency programs that allow you to get your MBA while is residency? I know that Mt. Sinai offers this opportunity for anesthesiology. Are there other programs out there? (Particularly anesthesia programs). Thanks!
 
NYC_anest_2004 said:
Is anyone aware of any residency programs that allow you to get your MBA while is residency? I know that Mt. Sinai offers this opportunity for anesthesiology. Are there other programs out there? (Particularly anesthesia programs). Thanks!

Definitely Penn. Unfortunately, I don't know about others. Anyone else?
 
NYC_anest_2004 said:
Is anyone aware of any residency programs that allow you to get your MBA while is residency? I know that Mt. Sinai offers this opportunity for anesthesiology. Are there other programs out there? (Particularly anesthesia programs). Thanks!

Here's another anesthesia program at Rochester that allows you to do the MBA:
http://www.ssb.rochester.edu/programs/program_joint.aspx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MWard04.....

are you sure that penn offers an mba program concurrent with its residency programs? I havent heard any of this from a residency director at Penn.

I know that they do offer joint Md-Mba degrees , but can you show me where they offer you to get a concurrent mba while in residency..?
 
rhinosp_33 said:
MWard04.....

are you sure that penn offers an mba program concurrent with its residency programs? I havent heard any of this from a residency director at Penn.

I know that they do offer joint Md-Mba degrees , but can you show me where they offer you to get a concurrent mba while in residency..?

yea...I actually left them off of my list because I couldn't confirm this. I had heard from some residents that they allow you to do this, but I have not seen anything official.

Mike