Programs with different start dates than june..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FaddyAcids

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone gets his final diploma on June and all USMLE steps are done, doesnt want to wait to start residency the following year.. Isn't there any other way outside the match? or any programs that have different start date?

Because if I apply the year before in the match, I will have to send my diploma on January maximum (ROL deadline)..

Members don't see this ad.

If someone gets his final diploma on June and all USMLE steps are done, doesnt want to wait to start residency the following year.. Isn't there any other way outside the match? or any programs that have different start date?

Because if I apply the year before in the match, I will have to send my diploma on January maximum (ROL deadline)..

If you use FREIDA, you can select for programs that have alternative start dates. There will not be many of them, and the alternative is almost always January.

Outside of that, it would be on a case by case basis, outside of the match.

By the Rank Order List deadline, you do NOT have to have your diploma. You simply must have completed all steps toward ECFMG certification with the exception of the final diploma. Your school has to certify that you on are track to graduate on time. The exception is obviously programs that require certification before they will interview you.