Programs with Strong Bioinformatics/BME/Computational Research Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seihai

The dog is always the real hero.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-snip-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
-snip-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input! I do have that program on my list, as well as some other high-ranking programs (Stanford, UPitt-CMU, etc.).

I was wondering if you might have any other suggestions, especially from some possible less-well-known programs. I didn't want my list of schools to be too top-heavy!

Tri-I? Don't think it's highly ranked, but great computational faculty at MSKCC.

Vanderbilt, OHSU, Utah, and Minnesota have good bioinformatics programs. Wisconsin has strong biostats/cs programs with bioinformatics research.

Tri-I? Don't think it's highly ranked, but great computational faculty at MSKCC.

Unless things have changed, Tri-I is one of the more competitive programs out there for admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
-snip-

Last edited:
Stanford. UWash has a lot of strong faculty in this area. WashU, Wisconsin, HMS/MIT, Michigan. Basically anywhere with strong genetics / engineering / CS departments.

Reactions: 1 users
+1 for UWash. I am not in the computational field but closely related (biophysics) and UW had extremely impressive faculty.

Reactions: 1 user