Programs

Started by savealife
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

savealife

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a new MSIV beginning the residency application process, I've used this site quite a bit for information. I remember stumbling onto a post that "ranked" all of the PM&R programs according to tier at some point, but now I can't find it. Does anyone have the link to that post? As I recall, all 80-something programs were listed.

Thanks,
savealife
 
I thought it was stickied;

No real objective measures, but consensus "top tier" was:

RIC, Mayo, UWash, Kessler, TIRR

UMich was either considered top or just below, Spaulding as well (although people go ga-ga for the Harvard affiliation). I think tOSU also deserves props.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It wasn't stickied, surprisingly. I remembered the top tier or "super six" from those old posts, but someone literally wrote out a ranking system for all 80 programs! And now I can't find it. 🙂

Anybody?

-savealife
 
I'm setting up a rotation there.. I'll let ya know. But in the meantime, if anyone else has some insight.
 
what u should really be concerned about is the fine sushi rating

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2079248&postcount=24
A method of ranking programs no has mentioned!! Aside from the obvious and important "fine sushi" method of determining rank order, one should also consider this:

Top Programs ranked by probability of having a chance encounter with Paris Hilton:

1) UCLA. Again....I have to go with L.A. with a bullet. I think she's at the Concord every week and Daddy has a mansion here.

2 and 3 and 4) The Manhattan programs. My friends say they see her here all the time........ and Daddy has a mansion here.

5) Arkansas. I think they have already had a "simple life reunion". You should definitely check this out before making your rank lists....if they haven't, go to Arkansas. Daddy doesn't have a mansion here.

I can't think of any other places.......I guess I won't be ranking very many programs.
regards,
benway
 
I thought it was stickied;

No real objective measures, but consensus "top tier" was:

RIC, Mayo, UWash, Kessler, TIRR

UMich was either considered top or just below, Spaulding as well (although people go ga-ga for the Harvard affiliation). I think tOSU also deserves props.

By TIRR, what he means is the UT/Baylor program in Houston. TIRR is the rehab hospital where we get alot of interesting pathology and it's also a highly regarded rehab facility
 
Mount Sinai program is actually quite good. Great attendings/residents to work with. Workload can get heavy, but I'm sure thats the case with all NY programs.