Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savealife

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a new MSIV beginning the residency application process, I've used this site quite a bit for information. I remember stumbling onto a post that "ranked" all of the PM&R programs according to tier at some point, but now I can't find it. Does anyone have the link to that post? As I recall, all 80-something programs were listed.

Thanks,
savealife

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was stickied;

No real objective measures, but consensus "top tier" was:

RIC, Mayo, UWash, Kessler, TIRR

UMich was either considered top or just below, Spaulding as well (although people go ga-ga for the Harvard affiliation). I think tOSU also deserves props.

Members don't see this ad :)
It wasn't stickied, surprisingly. I remembered the top tier or "super six" from those old posts, but someone literally wrote out a ranking system for all 80 programs! And now I can't find it. :)

Anybody?

-savealife

How does the Mount Sinai (NY) program rank?

I'm setting up a rotation there.. I'll let ya know. But in the meantime, if anyone else has some insight.

what u should really be concerned about is the fine sushi rating

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2079248&postcount=24
A method of ranking programs no has mentioned!! Aside from the obvious and important "fine sushi" method of determining rank order, one should also consider this:

Top Programs ranked by probability of having a chance encounter with Paris Hilton:

1) UCLA. Again....I have to go with L.A. with a bullet. I think she's at the Concord every week and Daddy has a mansion here.

2 and 3 and 4) The Manhattan programs. My friends say they see her here all the time........ and Daddy has a mansion here.

5) Arkansas. I think they have already had a "simple life reunion". You should definitely check this out before making your rank lists....if they haven't, go to Arkansas. Daddy doesn't have a mansion here.

I can't think of any other places.......I guess I won't be ranking very many programs.
regards,
benway

I thought it was stickied;

No real objective measures, but consensus "top tier" was:

RIC, Mayo, UWash, Kessler, TIRR

UMich was either considered top or just below, Spaulding as well (although people go ga-ga for the Harvard affiliation). I think tOSU also deserves props.

By TIRR, what he means is the UT/Baylor program in Houston. TIRR is the rehab hospital where we get alot of interesting pathology and it's also a highly regarded rehab facility

Mount Sinai program is actually quite good. Great attendings/residents to work with. Workload can get heavy, but I'm sure thats the case with all NY programs.