Progress Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDave

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I was hoping I could get some opinions about whether I was on the right track to start applying. So I am in the usual situation. Slacked off in undergrad and now trying to make up for it. I was accepted into a Masters of Physiology program and I should be graduating in Spring. So far these are my grades.

NTR 500 (Principles of Human Nutrition) A - Summer 2021
NTR 510 (Maternal and Infant Nutrition) A - Summer 2021
PO 515 (Comparative Nutrition) A - Fall 2021
BSC 514 (Studying Animal Behavior) A - Fall 2021
BCH 451 (Principles of Biochemistry) A- - Spring 2022
BEC 575 (Global Regulatory Affairs for Medical Products) A - Spring 2022
ST511 (Statistics) A- - Spring 2022
BIT 510 (Biotech Core Technologies) Expected A - Currently
PHY 595 (Locomotor Systems) Expected A - Currently

In the fall I will be taking 2 biotech, 1 physiology, and 1 CBS courses. In the spring I will be taking 1 biotech, 1 physiology, and 1 biochemistry. I'm expecting to finish the Masters with around a 3.8-3.9 GPA. I've also worked at the hospital as an HUC and Medical Scribe for some time but quit recently to focus on school. I was planning on taking a gap year to work in biotech and study for the MCAT.

Would doing all this make up for my 2.6 ish (I haven't checked in awhile), undergraduate GPA? If it is, what is a good target MCAT score I should be aiming for? Please let me know if there is any other information I should include.

Members don't see this ad.