Habbas

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys,

Ive just been wondering how everyones doing with the crack dat/pat lately?

ive gone through induvidual sections and just did my first full test and only

got 18..bah still got until may 18 :)

Rainee

7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2010
Status
Hey guys,

Ive just been wondering how everyones doing with the crack dat/pat lately?

ive gone through induvidual sections and just did my first full test and only

got 18..bah still got until may 18 :)
I'm screwed for angles, and complex cube folding. -_-

Habbas

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
for me its hole punching -__- and cube counting at times

Smiley25

5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
For me it has been so weird! For my Kaplan PAT tests I have gotten (90%-100%) on hole-punching, cube-counting, and angles and my low scores are pattern folding, TFE, and keyholes.... When doing CDP(I have only taken 2 tests so far) my scores are the exact opposite! I was shocked to see I didn't miss any TFE or pattern folding and only 2 keyholes...then BOMBED hole-punching and angles!

I'm glad you started this post because I was wondering how everyone else was doing/has done. My first PAT test was an 18 and my second was a 20. All Kaplan PAT tests were 21 or better....

dentalpath

Dental Student
Jan 28, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I am in the exact same boat as you smiley. I screwed up the TFE stuff everytime on kaplan but on CDP I seem to be getting 13-14 everytime. I however royally suck at angles and hole punching :( I really hope these two sections improve before the actual DAT

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I am in the exact same boat as you smiley. I screwed up the TFE stuff everytime on kaplan but on CDP I seem to be getting 13-14 everytime. I however royally suck at angles and hole punching :( I really hope these two sections improve before the actual DAT
Kaplan PAT at least TFE sometimes are really poor quality. Its like they printed it out then scanned them and used a scanner and didn't bother at least dusting the scanning bed.

I've ran across some TFE problems where I'm not sure if its suppose to be a hidden line representation or its that its a poor image.

CDP angles are difficult because well you occasionally get ones were the difference between them are 3-4 degrees. Their cube counting is difficult sometimes too. I don't see the point of including practice problems were in the explanation you have the answer and then say its an illusion.

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
My first CrackPAT was an 18. I excelled in cubes, patterns, and keyhole.

TFE, angles, and hole punches I could not get.. maybe getting 50-60% tops.

Anyways, I focused my time on these for a couple months and now get 90% of the questions correct for TFE, angles, patterns, hole punches, and cubes but when it comes to the easy things like Keyholes I can't do them anymore lol.

In actuality I think I can but I took my first full length in several months after not looking at a single keyhole since my last exam. Anyways, I missed like half the keyholes where I was originally getting 100% so I think I just needed a brush up.

Well on the above exam taken last week, I scored a 22. That involved 90% or above in all sections except Keyholes where I got owned and that was certainly a fluke from not brushing up prior.

So.. my point here is practice, practice, practice. Hole punches get easier.. much easier. You learn certain trends in the hole punches that make the problem quite simple. This can be said to all the sections. Clearly I massively improved on all the sections but as I diverted my attention away from keyholes, that section took a hit.

I think if I took another PAT today I would score at 24 or higher given that I've since re-evaluated my keyhole performance. All the holes I missed were because of the exact same reason so we'll see how it goes.

But yeah, just keep practicing and things will get better. I do CrackPAT 2 times a week for a couple hours. All that practice time adds up. If you put the time in, your score will grow in no time.

Good luck.

Also, I'm no expert on the PAT situation but I do have some tricks for certain sections if anyone wants private help. Just send me a PM with what you're having trouble on and I'll do my best to teach you how to solve certain problems or sections as a whole in general if need be.