Projectile Motion Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a general question on projectile motion...when you plug in 0 for V, how do you know if the values you get for time or distance apply to the maximum height or if it applies to the end of the motion. Wouldn't the velocity be 0 at both the max. height and at the end of motion, so how do you distinguish between the two?

Members don't see this ad.

When you plug in 0 for Vf, that would be for the time it takes to get to the top (half of the entire path). Multiply that value by 2 to get the entire path time.

I have a general question on projectile motion...when you plug in 0 for V, how do you know if the values you get for time or distance apply to the maximum height or if it applies to the end of the motion. Wouldn't the velocity be 0 at both the max. height and at the end of motion, so how do you distinguish between the two?

It won't be zero at the end of the motion it would be -v_i, assuming that there is no loss of energy to friction.