Prometric Test Center Rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsdreamero913

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any special rules that anyone has come across at a prometric test center?
Jackets allowed?
Headphones provided?
Can you write on the scratch paper sheet before the button to begin is clicked and test time starts or
During breaks?
Can you wipe the scratch paper sheet clean with your sleeve? I've heard of people using their spit and sleeve to do this.
Can you really not touch the screen? Why?
Any other different experiences?
What do you do if your computer is messing up? Try to finish and tell them at the end or just stop and tell them immediately?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

• I wore a light sweatshirt over a t-shirt in case the center was cold. After my break, I took the sweatshirt off because I was hot. You never know the climate inside your testing center so just bring a sweatshirt in case.
  • You are not allowed to bring in your own headphones but they did provide noise-cancelling headphones. (I saw a guy taking a different exam bring his own ear plugs, they made him squish them so they could tell there wasn't something inside of them)
  • I was strictly told that I could not write on the laminated sheets until the actual exam began (aka not during the tutorial).
  • Before my break ended, I just swapped out my 2 sheets for new ones, since the dry-erase didn't rub off too well.
  • The testing center employees never told me I couldn't touch the screen, but during the PAT directions it says no measuring devices (including fingers) are allowed.
  • If your computer messes up, you need new laminated sheets, or you need new markers the employee will assist you. My employee was responsible for checking people in (fingerprint, time stamps, etc.) while also having computer monitors to watch everyone in the room. So I'm not too sure how long it would take for them to realize you needed something.