prone lma's... who does them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I use fewer LMAs in supine patients now than I did 3 years ago.

Strangely enough, I have the same experience...

I-Gels are my favorite LMAs, not sure if that falls under the category of any of the ones you named.

These are the only LMAs I could not develop a fondness for using; Perhaps I didn't give them an adequate chance, but truly hated the stiffness and lack of an inflating seal that I could variably fill with air.

Members don't see this ad.

Strangely enough, I have the same experience...

These are the only LMAs I could not develop a fondness for using; Perhaps I didn't give them an adequate chance, but truly hated the stiffness and lack of an inflating seal that I could variably fill with air.

I concur. I

DID NOT LIKE

those LMAs.

I USE A TON OF LMAs IN OUR PRACTICE.

WE'VE TRIED 'EM ALL.

THE ONLY

ONE

(and forgive me...I don't know the brand name since I've delegated "ordering" to someone else)

IS THE CLEAR, DISPOSABLE ONE.

THAT lma is

BY FAR THE MOST SUPERIOR IN TERMS OF CLINICAL EFFICACY.

Next time, ask for the

CLEAR, DISPOSABLE LMA

and you're good.

I work in Scandinavia. We do a lot of lumbar laminectomies prone LMA style. I did residency in the US. Let me tell you, the first time they suggested to me that they usually do these cases with an LMA if pt is healthy and airway seems reasonable, I said forget it. TUBE em.

Over time I decided to try it. It works great and I have not had any issues. Patient selection is key. We always have the gurney beside the OR table during induction in case we have to flip the pt quickly.

Sonny

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have used just about every LMA on the market, and a couple that never made it to market.

The only one that I really hate is the I-Gel. My buddy in residency loved them. Tried to convince me that they were the bomb. Nope, can't stand them.

My favorite is the reusable Pro-Seal.

I would almost consider doing a gastric outlet obstruction with one of those.

-pod

i have used just about every lma on the market, and a couple that never made it to market.

the only one that i really hate is the i-gel. my buddy in residency loved them. Tried to convince me that they were the bomb. Nope, can't stand them.

-pod

i completely agree with you man.