proofread my tentative schedule please

Started by AA|FCB|DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AA|FCB|DOC

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!

I am going to be studying for the MCAT starting January to either May or June (whichever date I choose to take the exam). Then I will be applying to medical schools in June. I just wanted to see if anyone sees any setbacks with this schedule. I did realize if I have to retake the MCAT then I would have to take it in August or September so I do not know whether I should take my first exam in May or June. Also I'm hoping this schedule will still work out to give me priority considering the application process goes on a rolling basis.
 
If I were you I would book both dates just in case. Setting the date will give you a deadline and force you to make an exact schedule of what you should do. In case you screw up..you already have the next date booked and its not an 8am exam. Worst case..you do really well on the first one and eat the fee for the next.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure why you need to book two dates. I went with the same strategy, OP, and took my MCAT in May and submitted in June. Fortunately it worked out, but it's definitely a risk. Just make sure you take your studying seriously and you more than likely won't have a problem.

Ditto. Of course, I am not in med school (yet!:xf:) but just so you have a sense of time: I took the MCAT in early May and got my scores back about a month later. AAMC has the score release dates on a chart so you can anticipate when you book the seat. I had already submitted my primary 6/2 so that it was already verified and went out with the first wave of apps like two weeks later. I got my first secondaries on 6/17.

Also, barring any poor test-taking tendencies or freak accidents on test day, you shouldn't have to retake if you've prepared well. It won't be fun to be working on secondaries while studying for the MCAT again, especially if you're working full-time or have other commitments.
 
Not sure why you need to book two dates. I went with the same strategy, OP, and took my MCAT in May and submitted in June. Fortunately it worked out, but it's definitely a risk. Just make sure you take your studying seriously and you more than likely won't have a problem.

From what I read I think you can only sign up for one test date at a time.


So you guys recommend taking it one time in May over taking it in June?
 
You can only book one test date at a time guys. Go for May, If by mid April you don't feel ready you should be able to move it to June.
 
Just prepare fully. It costs over 200 dollars and there's no reason to anticipate a retake before you even begin studying for the exam. A proper mindset while studying can go a long way. Just focus on your work and try not to let yourself be distracted.
 
Just prepare fully. It costs over 200 dollars and there's no reason to anticipate a retake before you even begin studying for the exam. A proper mindset while studying can go a long way. Just focus on your work and try not to let yourself be distracted.



So if I did not have to retake the exam would you recommend taking it in May or June?