Proper attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have an appt. with the director of admissions at IUSD on august 8th. Its not an interview (although I wish it was)...I'm just going to talk to him about my chances at IUSD this cycle. I've never met him before (all our previous correspondance was via email) and I want to make a good impression but I dont know what's the appropriate attire. Should I dress up (pants, shirt, and a tie), or is casual OK? By casual, I dont mean shorts and a wife beater...more like jeans and a nice shirt.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Idk the exact situation or how you arranged it so I can only guess here. I would think something nice like dockers and a button down shirt would work. If you wanted to really impress him (maybe?) you could add the tie, but I'm not sure just how formal this meeting is supposed to be. Nice shoes too.

Hello all. I have an appt. with the director of admissions at IUSD on august 8th. Its not an interview (although I wish it was)...I'm just going to talk to him about my chances at IUSD this cycle. I've never met him before (all our previous correspondance was via email) and I want to make a good impression but I dont know what's the appropriate attire. Should I dress up (pants, shirt, and a tie), or is casual OK? By casual, I dont mean shorts and a wife beater...more like jeans and a nice shirt.

What do you guys think?

no tie, shirt top button unbuttoned, pants, nice shoes, undershirt

maybe a watch, shave, haircut

ull be good to go

Members don't see this ad :)
absolutely no jeans. at the most casual, wear dockers and a dress shirt as streetwolf said. If you wanted to step it up, wear slacks and a dress shirt, possibly a tie.

oh belt and tuck in your shirt

metallica shirt, maybe some green hair-dye.....and absolutely NO showering :)

if it were me i would go business casual. dress shirt and dress pants no tie though

I'm assuming you're meeting with Dr. Kasberg? He's a nice man, just go with the above comments and you should be fine. Good luck!

I'm assuming you're meeting with Dr. Kasberg? He's a nice man, just go with the above comments and you should be fine. Good luck!

Yep...thanks for the help everyone!

What do you guys think?

If you are feeling nervous, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a couple beers, and maybe a shot of jack or two.

I disagree, you can never go wrong with overdressing just a bit. If you are underdressed it will affect you, overdressing only says that that you are prepared for anything. I'd go with slacks, shirt, and tie.