SFO-IST

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hey everyone,

I've decided on my future medical school and I sent out emails to other schools who offered me an interview, but I applied broadly and have about 15 schools I'm not interested in that have yet to make a decision on my application. Is it necessary to send out emails requesting to withdraw my application? I'm asking because some schools I requested to withdraw from didn't even reply to my email acknowledging my withdraw.

Thanks.

Jul 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
It may not be totally necessary; if they offer you an interview you can simply turn it down. Personally, I think it's still a good gesture. The ADCOM will then just give someone else the interview that may not actually need/want it in the first place. This is why I withdrew from schools I hadn't ever heard back from.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
It's not necessary but it takes 5 minutes to mass e-mail them (just blind CC them all). It saves them time in reviewing your app.

Tekar

Finally at peace
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2008
Carson City NV
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone,

I've decided on my future medical school and I sent out emails to other schools who offered me an interview, but I applied broadly and have about 15 schools I'm not interested in that have yet to make a decision on my application. Is it necessary to send out emails requesting to withdraw my application? I'm asking because some schools I requested to withdraw from didn't even reply to my email acknowledging my withdraw.

Thanks.
Courtesy would dictate an e-mail to all of them. Some administration assistant somewhere will be thankful, even if they don't have the time to say thank you. Hell, I left a voice mail for one, and did it on the schools website the very last day I could on the other acceptance. I held that one for like 3 months before I logged on and withdrew from AZCOM.