• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Marine1

Hoorah
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Swampland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have shadowed a few Podiatrists and two of them have offered to give me LOR's (for their former schools). I have two other schools that I applied to and I would like to get LOR's from the other Pods (each to their former schools). How do you ask for a LOR?

Podman

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I have shadowed a few Podiatrists and two of them have offered to give me LOR's (for their former schools). I have two other schools that I applied to and I would like to get LOR's from the other Pods (each to their former schools). How do you ask for a LOR?

Be honest and explain to them that you've enjoyed your experienced shadowing them and that you would like to have them write you LORs for your application. They shouldn't object to your request - because they did their part in showing you what the profession is all about in an upclose manner.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
When I've asked for letters in the past, in addition to the stamped addressed envelope I've included my personal statement and my cv, so that they will know a bit more about my academic endeavors. It seems that it has been appreciated.

About the Ads

Dr. Gangrene

AZPOD 2011
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
When I've asked for letters in the past, in addition to the stamped addressed envelope I've included my personal statement and my cv, so that they will know a bit more about my academic endeavors. It seems that it has been appreciated.

I strongly agree. They have gotten to know you for only a few hours to a few days. If you want a strong letter, a cv and personal statement (and maybe transcripts and a biographical sketch) will help them get a better picture of who you are.

As for asking, I think it was said well. Just be honesta and professional. I had one pod offer to write me a letter after just 4 hours of shadowing. I just mentioned it as a possiblity and he actually suggested it. Good luck:thumbup:

txlioness

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I strongly agree. They have gotten to know you for only a few hours to a few days. If you want a strong letter, a cv and personal statement (and maybe transcripts and a biographical sketch) will help them get a better picture of who you are.

As for asking, I think it was said well. Just be honesta and professional. I had one pod offer to write me a letter after just 4 hours of shadowing. I just mentioned it as a possiblity and he actually suggested it. Good luck:thumbup:

I always try to provide everything I can. But definitely the envelopes and postage. I also set up a time to just talk to the podiatrist, kind of like an interview. That way there are no interruptions and/or distractions so they can easily talk to you and ask questions.

The podiatrist I shadowed offered to write me a letter after 1 visit. But I am continuing to go back for visits until I move, if accepted somewhere. I think the more I see will benefit me. :D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.