Proprioception

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mountain D.O.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this? I guess the more pratical question would be does anybody know of programs where there is research being done in this area? I am a third year student so I am starting to scout now. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Not quite sure what you mean by proprioceptive rehab - RIC has a vestibular therapist and a neurologist consultant who specializes in vestibular/balance type issues. Is that what you mean?

Sort of. I guess its an open area of research. thanks

> Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this?

at the the UMDNJ-Kessler residency, we have several physical therapists who specialty training in vestibular rehabilitation, and at one of the training sites (Overlook Hospital), they are establishing a vestibular rehab and research program as part of their Neuroscience center of excellence