• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Mountain D.O.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2005
KCMO
Status
Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this? I guess the more pratical question would be does anybody know of programs where there is research being done in this area? I am a third year student so I am starting to scout now. Thanks.

axm397

SDN Moderator
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
texas
Status
Attending Physician
Not quite sure what you mean by proprioceptive rehab - RIC has a vestibular therapist and a neurologist consultant who specializes in vestibular/balance type issues. Is that what you mean?

Mountain D.O.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2005
KCMO
Status
Sort of. I guess its an open area of research. thanks

rehab_sports_dr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
> Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this?

at the the UMDNJ-Kessler residency, we have several physical therapists who specialty training in vestibular rehabilitation, and at one of the training sites (Overlook Hospital), they are establishing a vestibular rehab and research program as part of their Neuroscience center of excellence

About the Ads