Proprioception

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by Mountain D.O., Nov 26, 2005.

1. Mountain D.O.

Mountain D.O. Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this? I guess the more pratical question would be does anybody know of programs where there is research being done in this area? I am a third year student so I am starting to scout now. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Not quite sure what you mean by proprioceptive rehab - RIC has a vestibular therapist and a neurologist consultant who specializes in vestibular/balance type issues. Is that what you mean?

3. Mountain D.O.

Mountain D.O. Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Sort of. I guess its an open area of research. thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rehab_sports_dr

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    > Are there any programs out there that are particularly good in the area of proprioceptive rehab? I am quite interested in the physiology of balance for many reasons and would like to know if there is a residency program that would encourage this?

at the the UMDNJ-Kessler residency, we have several physical therapists who specialty training in vestibular rehabilitation, and at one of the training sites (Overlook Hospital), they are establishing a vestibular rehab and research program as part of their Neuroscience center of excellence