Pros and Cons of Medschools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the pro's and con's of going to...

Tufts
Harvard
Mayo
Hopkins

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

byeh2004 said:
What are the pro's and con's of going to...

Tufts
Harvard
Mayo
Hopkins

Thanks!

I've lived in Rochester, MN for 17 years and I can tell you the winters are terrible and there is nothing to do in the city. You would have to go to Minneapolis for some fun, but if you get into Mayo Med, you would have a small class size and basically free tuition at the best hospital in the country.

i interviewed at tufts, harvard, and hopkins. i got into tufts. these are my biased impressions:

tufts: pros: boston, laidback class. cons: expenses (tuition and living), not really a research school, if you care about that.

harvard: pros: almost everything, but especially the students. cons: ive heard people say that people can be competitive due to their large egos, but could be just a rumor. other than that, nothing really. words cant describe how much i liked harvard.

hopkins: pros: great school, you will be set for residency, learn from some of the top-notch physicians in the world. cons: students seemed uptight and extremely type-A, also it is in the ghetto. i didnt like hopkins that much.

hope this helps. let me know if you want me to elaborate on one of my statements.