Pro's and Con's of OBGYN

Started by Mesinan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mesinan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I'm currently a HS student hoping to one day possibly be an OBGYN.
I would like to know some of your pro's and con's of entering this field.

I am also considering neurosurgery too if anyone has knowledge about that.
 
I would recommend focusing on doing well in undergrad first. It's a long journey, and if you still feel that persistent calling at that time then that'd be it. You don't know for sure until you start your 3rd year rotation in med school. Things may change until then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I'm currently a HS student hoping to one day possibly be an OBGYN.
I would like to know some of your pro's and con's of entering this field.

I am also considering neurosurgery too if anyone has knowledge about that.


Well the pros are you get to help with new babies being born which is cool. But the cons are there's a lot of oooey gooey stuff everywhere. That's pretty much the whole pro and con list of ob/gyn.