Pros & Cons to Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runner1031

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To dental students currently at U Penn could you give the 2012 class some insight - pros, cons, tips about philly - espc where to live the first year, good bars....and overall would you choose Penn again?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best thing we have here as D1s is our schedule. We only have one test a week and no midterm or finals week. I don't know of any other school that has their exams spread out like this. You get to focus on one subject at a time which takes a huge load off your shoulders. Also, we aren't really thrown into clinical training right away. The first half of the yr it is pretty much all academics and then in Feb we switch to GRD and spend most of our days in the lab. Cons...long days, constant studying and honestly, the professors aren't that great. I have only found about 3 or 4 to be interesting out of the 10 + I have had so far. Some professors are great and nice and make fair tests, others are horrible and screw you on tests although they say they are not. But I guess you have that everywhere. Very smart class...get ready to study a lot just to pull an avg grade. Overall, its not hard at all just very time consuming and a lot of memorizing info and spitting it back out. Just gotta manage your time.

They're all pretty much the same info/crappy instructors, just go where ever is the cheapest, do a good GPR/AEGD, and you'll thank yourself in 3-4 years!