Prospect in Pharmacy

Started by Behemoth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Behemoth

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Firstly, I'll apologize for my ignorance. I've recently been looking into pharmacy as a possible career path for me. The only problem is that I'm slightly indecisive in the sense that my heart is also set on Computer Engineering. I am currently an incoming freshman in college and I have my courses set out for Computer Engineering. While I know that the two subjects differ, I want to know what I can do so that I can succeed in both fields with as little time wasted as possible.
 
Hi,

Firstly, I'll apologize for my ignorance. I've recently been looking into pharmacy as a possible career path for me. The only problem is that I'm slightly indecisive in the sense that my heart is also set on Computer Engineering. I am currently an incoming freshman in college and I have my courses set out for Computer Engineering. While I know that the two subjects differ, I want to know what I can do so that I can succeed in both fields with as little time wasted as possible.

My advice: Continue with Comp. Eng. & as your elective course, take the pre-reqs for Pharm school. Maybe by the end of college, you will have a better idea of which route you want to go. You may have to take summer classes, etc. to make sure you get in all the pre-reqs. Maybe if you did a minor in Bio or Chem, this could help you knock off some pre-req classes.
 
Just great..more people in the pharmacy field. With this economy, why not join us in the hood right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since you're still a freshman (and I assume your schedule is locked in by now), why not take this time to sit down and talk to a pharmacist? You're at an early stage, and those two paths are not typically convergent. (Maybe you could help fix the different retail chains' Rx systems 😀)

This is a good time to do research before committing to anything.
 
That seems like the right idea. Well, what have your guys' experience been in this department then? 😀