Prospective UNLV students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandawanda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i have an interview coming up and i just wanted to know :

-why did you choose UNLV? what makes them shine out than the rest?

UNLV is obviously my top choice but that's not a good enough response =). just curious as to why you choose UNLV over the rest..

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone,

i have an interview coming up and i just wanted to know :

-why did you choose UNLV? what makes them shine out than the rest?

UNLV is obviously my top choice but that's not a good enough response =). just curious as to why you choose UNLV over the rest..

thanks guys!

Do you live close by? I don't understand why it's obviously your top choice if you don't know why its your otp choice? Not to sound rude. Just wondering if there is another underlying factor unrelated to the school?

Do you live close by? I don't understand why it's obviously your top choice if you don't know why its your otp choice? Not to sound rude. Just wondering if there is another underlying factor unrelated to the school?

hmm...it's just a simple question. many people choose their 'top schools' for many different reasons.. i'm just curious as to what their deciding factor was in choosing UNLV over other acceptances..that's all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like their curriculum/program. The faculty seems great and they're approachable. Research opportunity. Very clean and bright facility. Awesome technology. Students seem to be happy and enjoy/love the school. They get a lot of patients. I'm looking forward to living in an area that's warm. There's a lot of cheap activities that I can do with my family in the area. Away from the strip, there are some nice areas to live. :)

It's gonna be awesome, so join up!

are you worried about the interview? they will tell you whats so special about unlv during the info session.

by the way, I dont think you should worry. the faculty I interviewed with didn't ask me a single question.

I had a similar experience as sl2. The guy I interviewed with was really cool and relaxed. It was the easiest interview I've ever done, (including lame job interviews from high school).

I think this is very interesting, because they don't accept that many out-of-staters... even compared to the amount they interview. If the interview is so relaxed how do they decide who gets accepted and who doesn't? It just seems to me that if they are going to be picky, the interview would have a little more too it...

I had a similar experience as sl2. The guy I interviewed with was really cool and relaxed. It was the easiest interview I've ever done, (including lame job interviews from high school).

My interview was more like a conversation. He did ask me why UNLV, why dentistry. UNLV is my top choice because my family lives here, my husband works here, great faculty, and their facilities are one of the best! Good luck :thumbup: