Prostate MRI

Started by Lappas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lappas

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Sir/Madam

I'm 44 and have requested a prostate MRI in a 3T scanner. My PSA is low, but I want the scan for peace of mind.

What worries me, is the scan might see some problems woth a hernia mesh I had inserted a few years ago. A problem that otherwise wouldn't have bothered me.

Have you come across a situation where prostate MRI's have produced incidental issues with hernia mesh?

Many thanks

Lewis
 
Lewis, where is the world did you get the idea to request a prostate MRI given that there is absolutely no indication or evidence to support a prostate MRI for an asymptomatic young man without elevated PSA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.