Prostho 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apspaps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Prostho applicants here?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! Is nobody really interested in apply for Pros? Any idea which schools have bench tests for pros?

There aren't many pros applicants on SDN. Small crowd :)

UTHSCSA has a bench "test" - but i don't think it's a big part of the decision-making process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea if unc, u conn have bench tests...? What preparations are generally expected in the test?

I really really wouldn't worry about the bench tests. They won't select the applicant with the best crown prep - but they might NOT accept one who mutilates the tooth. It's just a helpful guide, not really a "test".

Some programs should start sending out invites in the next week or two. All my interviews last year were scheduled for September. Some programs start earlier and some start later - Mayo didn't even invite me until I had been to all my other interviews and had accepted a spot. Without PASS, the pros application season gets a little messy...

I applied to Maryland, Michigan, LSU, UNC, UAB, OSU, UConn. What about you guys?

I applied to UNC, Maryland, Iowa, UIC, UConn, WVU, Stonybrook, Rochester, and OSU. I have already heard from and scheduled interviews at Chicago and West Virginia.

I applied to UNC, Maryland, Iowa, UIC, UConn, WVU, Stonybrook, Rochester, and OSU. I have already heard from and scheduled interviews at Chicago and West Virginia.
Way to go! When did you hear from UIC? Call or email?

I heard from Chicago yesterday by email. They have a few days set up for interviewing and Ill be going there for the 26th of August. :thumbup:

I heard from Chicago yesterday by email. They have a few days set up for interviewing and Ill be going there for the 26th of August. :thumbup:

Good luck! Their application is kinda tricky! Did you apply through PASS or just followed their instructions on their website?

Both. I did PASS and whatever supplemental they had listed on their website. If I wasn't sure about the supplementals and what they required, I emailed the programs directly to make sure. Then I emailed the programs a week or two after I submitted and asked if my application was complete.

Both. I did PASS and whatever supplemental they had listed on their website. If I wasn't sure about the supplementals and what they required, I emailed the programs directly to make sure. Then I emailed the programs a week or two after I submitted and asked if my application was complete.

Thanks! Good luck with the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to Marquette? If so, have you heard from them?

Lets keep this thread going. I know there are more prostho applicants here. Where did you guys apply? Have you heard anything from them? Common interview questions?

Hi Guys,

I hope this thread keep going this year.

I applied to BU, Tufts, Harvard, NYU, Rutgers, Michigan, OSU, USC

nothing yet

Good luck for everybody

I just heard from UConn today and was offered an interview. I will be there the August 29-30.

I applied to OSU, UConn, UNC, Iowa, Louisiana... nothing yet :confused:

OSU, UNC and Iowa have yet to contact me either, but I believe their application deadlines aren't until the 15th.
Thanks

Congrates. Can you please provide info about your education, experience and scores?

Congrates. Can you please share your education, experience and scores?

I just heard from UConn today and was offered an interview. I will be there the August 29-30.

Congrates. Can you please share your education, experience and scores?

I am planning to apply @ UConn, its late for me?

I am a 4th year student at Temple University. No scores because my boards were pass/fail. I have a 3.5 gpa, so nothing. I was a dental technician and a dental hygienist before entering school at temple though. I worked as a dental assistant for 2 years while in hygiene school as well.

I am a 4th year student at Temple University. No scores because my boards were pass/fail. I have a 3.5 gpa, so nothing. I was a dental technician and a dental hygienist before entering school at temple though. I worked as a dental assistant for 2 years while in hygiene school as well.

did they tell you anything about the interviews and/or bench tests?

No bench test at UConn and no agenda as well so far. I don't know about WVU either. Chicago wants me to make a 3-5 min presentation on a topic of my choice. Other than that, I don't know. I know UNC and OSU have bench tests (crown preps on manikins).

UNC has a Bench test. I know a resident there. I don't think they have sent invitations. Dr.Ram121 since you are a dental tech you have a good chance to get an interview at all the schools that you applied to.

Any International Dentist applying for Prosthodontics Program?

Any International Dentist applying for Prosthodontics Program?

I think a better question would be is there anyone applying to pros that ISN'T an international dentist :)

I think the majority of the prostho applicants are international. I visited a prostho program two years ago, they had over 100 applications and only12 were US applicants.
Any more invitations?
Marquette is sending invitations.

I think the majority of the prostho applicants are international. I visited a prostho program two years ago, they had over 100 applications and only12 were US applicants.
Any more invitations?

Which program was this? Let me guess, BU or Tufts?:)

See you then...prepare well and good luck
General questions as usual I don't know if there is bench test.

Any more invitations?

hmmmm...I was under the impression that Universities prefer domestic students over international students for MS program...I have applied for UCSF, UW, Tuffts, LLU, Harvard, NSU, UM...so far have not heard any IV :(

What's the selection criteria for International students?? GPA, TOEFL, Work Experience, Research Work....?

:xf::xf::xf:

If anyone is interested, Ohio State just sent out invitations for interviews. They have two dates Sept. 22-23 and Sept 29-30.

btw i heard michigan had its interviews long time ago

come on guys keep this going!

I'm in the top 5 of my dental class. +3.5GPA, some research.
What about you?

im an international applicant. Graduate of 2012. Passed both NBDE parts. Lots of voluntary work. 3.24 top 25%

I just received interview invitation from Tufts University yesterday by email.

They gave me 5 different day to pick one of them.

3, September, 2013
6, September, 2013
9, September, 2013
17, September, 2013
20, September, 2013
23, September, 2013
30, September, 2013

I think now it is the time to hear back from most of the schools :)
Good luck to everybody

I just received interview invitation from Tufts University yesterday by email.

They gave me 5 different day to pick one of them.

3, September, 2013
6, September, 2013
9, September, 2013
17, September, 2013
20, September, 2013
23, September, 2013
30, September, 2013

I think now it is the time to hear back from most of the schools :)
Good luck to everybody

Congrates :thumbup: can you please share your scores, experience etc ?

any news about Iowa, Louisiana or UNC?

I haven't heard from UNC or Iowa. UNC should contact in the next week or so.