1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Protists......confusing little bastards

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Dandpez337, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Dandpez337

Pre-Dental
    I've been studying some parts of biology from Cambells 7th edition, especially classification. I'm doing this because I read somewhere here that the DAT writers use this book as a reference (at least for the bio section of the exam). Could someone confirm this?

I don't know how much detail to go into with this (do we have to know about opisthokonts and bikonts), and how to approach it. Do we REALLY have to know the outdated 5 kingdom system? Does this mean that green algae are not viridiplantae like pine trees and suddenly they're protists or something?? I guess this sucks for me because last semester I took a really hard evolution class and now i feel like I have to relearn all of this.

Any thoughts?

Good luck on all your exams :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    See the attached document. Someone posted this a while back and I saved it. I knew it would come in handy sooner or later!

Attached Files:

4. rmm30

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Any thoughts? Yes. Stop acting like a crazy person and put Campbell away. Barrons bio or Cliffs AP along with practice questions and bio destroyer.