PRS Resident Toolkit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaucamole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All,
I wanted to poll the audience as to your PRS resident essentials tool kit. What do you carry around in your bags/pockets that is indispensable?

I assume Loops, Camera, Phone, Laptop, Marking pens, Calipers, Measuring Tape…

But do you also carry / have a specific stash of suture materials for call? Small self-retainers? Hard to find wound supplies? Injectables? ie Kenalog/local anesthetics/a bottle of Botox? Better instruments in your bag than the usual Emergency Room pickups?

It all starts to add up in space and bulk. So what is essential to you!?

Look forward to your comments

Members don't see this ad.

I know i can always trust on my friendly plastics resident to have some vicryl rapide close by

I don't know any resident who carries all of that.

I keep my loupes in my locker. I have a camera that I carry, but most people use their phone camera. Otherwise none of the above. If I need to do something in the ED I get the stuff from the OR (or ask them to grab it before I come in). Otherwise, I just carry a pen.

Travel light and swift.

Members don't see this ad :)
But do you also carry / have a specific stash of suture materials for call? Small self-retainers? Hard to find wound supplies? Injectables? ie Kenalog/local anesthetics/a bottle of Botox? Better instruments in your bag than the usual Emergency Room pickups?

Lol wut