PS Question

Started by caliopt23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caliopt23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently applying to a few post bac programs. I'm a pre-optometry student and I've previously applied but didn't get in and I'm not sure whether I should mention this on my personal statement. I don't want to lie, especially since my advisor who's writing the LOR for me will probably mention that in the letter, since she knows my story. Would this really hurt my chances?
Thank you
 
I'm hoping to submit my apps today or tomorrow so I would really appreciate your suggestions...Please 😳
 
Don't bring it up. A PS is a marketing document. Sell yourself with it.

I can't imagine that you'll be asked if you've applied to optometry school before, until you apply again.

Best of luck to you.
 
Thanks for your response. I wasn't planning on bringing that up but after talking to my advisor regarding LOR, I feel that she might say something in the letter. I just don't want them to think I'm trying to hide something.