Psy.D./Ph.D. Acceptance Thread (2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CogNeuroGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start an acceptance thread, please feel free to post, I have provided a format below that will help streamline this. If you have any recommendations how to structure this, please contact me. :)

School:
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D):
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School):
Funding (optional):
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Ahhh, can't believe we are at this point! So exciting.

I hope everyone gets to post in this thread soon! :luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it was! I changed it now :p

Reactions: 1 user
I would be curious to know if the person accepted the offer, not just if one was offered. Just curious where people actually end up!

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I can't wait to add to this thread next month. I have interviews later this month. Maybe this should be made a sticky.

Last edited:
Houston: Counseling Psych. I already received a rejection letter. They weren't kidding when they said that they would be making decisions quickly.

Better luck to others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Houston: Counseling Psych. I already received a rejection letter. They weren't kidding when they said that they would be making decisions quickly.

Better luck to others.

Do you want to start a rejection thread then?

I hear Starbucks is looking for some post-docs to head up their espresso brewing department, the pay is pretty nice, $7.25 an hour with possibility of required overtime for when the other people don't show up for work :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone receive an offer from Arkansas and planning on turning it down?

So, if someone turns down an offer, could they be like "hey, thank you for the offer, but I decided to go to X University, could you give this spot to my friend James?"

Reactions: 4 users
I'd be curious to know if anyone heard from Arizona State yet.

Anyone hear from SUNY Buffalo after the interview weekend?

They have already extended their initial offers. My POI called to tell me I was wait listed :/

Is this for Clinical Psych or the combined Counseling/School Psych program?

Edit to add: this is apparently for the Clinical Psychology PhD program, in case anybody else is interested.

Last edited:
School: Wright State University SOPP
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D): PsyD
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): Clinical
Funding (optional): No, but offers all 1st and 5th years scholarships and GAs get tuition waived plus a stipend
Track (optional): Forensic
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: I accepted!

Last edited:
School: University of Iowa
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D): Ph.D.
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): Clinical Psychology
Funding (optional): Fully funded for 5 years
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Still have a few more interviews to attend, but likely that I will accept this offer

School: Notre Dame
Funding (optional): Fully funded
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Yes! This is my only offer and also my top choice!

Reactions: 6 users
Late posts:

School: University of Louisville
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): Counseling Psychology
Funding (optional): Fully funded (got a 4 year fellowship!)
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet, have a few more interviews.

School: Purdue
Funding (optional): Fully funded (got a 4 year fellowship!)
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet, have a few more interviews.

I am only holding on to two at a time, btw...

Reactions: 5 users
School: Palo Alto University
Funding (optional): Not funded
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Highly unlikely. Expensive 5 year program, questionable reputation, and across the country for me. Waiting on other schools or will just get my LCPC instead.

School: Purdue
Funding (optional):
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet but it's looking pretty good =]

School: University of South Florida
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Declined. Hard decision but trying not to hold too many offers at a time, I've been fortunate. I was on the waitlist last week before this so hopefully this gives others a chance...

Last edited:
School: University of Louisville
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D): PhD
Funding (optional): Fellowship for 2 years, TA/RA the other 2, full funding , tuition waver
Track (optional):
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Possible, but I still have more interviews and waiting to hear from other schools

Last edited:
School: University of Hartford
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D): PsyD
Funding (optional): Assistantship info to come in a few weeks
Track (optional): Child/Adolescent
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: High on my list, but waiting to hear back from other programs/continue with more interviews

I had an on-campus interview about ~2 weeks ago and haven't heard back a thing from my POI post-interview. Is it safe to assume that I would get ANY type of an email (Yes, no or wait-listed) from my POI in the near future since I went far enough in the admission process to be invited for the on-campus interview? I don't know if I should just wait until I get an email or just inquire about my status..

I had an on-campus interview about ~2 weeks ago and haven't heard back a thing from my POI post-interview. Is it safe to assume that I would get ANY type of an email (Yes, no or wait-listed) from my POI in the near future since I went far enough in the admission process to be invited for the on-campus interview? I don't know if I should just wait until I get an email or just inquire about my status..
I'm kind of in the same boat. I think the weather has been crazy lately so that could be delaying some schools also. Did you email with a thank you email? If not you could do that if you really wanted to reach out in a subtle way

Last edited:

Last edited:

2 weeks isn't that long, and keep in mind - it's still very early! The program may have another (later) interview day or the faculty might not meet for another week after the last interview date. If they aren't done interviewing or haven't met altogether as faculty, then they won't be giving updates to applicants. There can be other reasons too - like figuring out funding, waiting to see who accepts spots in other labs, etc.

Anecdotal experience - I had my acceptance email ready to send to Program A, but I hadn't heard back yet from Program B (which I really liked). I assumed I was waitlisted or declined. I called Program B's DCT that day...and a few hours later, I was offered a spot. Turns out, they had just been waiting to finalize funding. So contacting the DCT (or POI) is OK, but I would probably wait longer to do so (unless you are holding spots from other places).

School: Yeshiva University- Ferkauf
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): Clinical Psychology Health Emphasis
Funding (optional): No
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: I have not accepted the offer yet. I have 3 more interviews to complete.

School: University of Wisconsin- Madison
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): School Psychology
Funding (optional): No guarantees, but all students end up fully funded by the end of the first semester.
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet, still between a few schools.

School: University of California- Berkeley
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): School Psychology
Funding (optional): No info yet, said they will send funding info in a later email.
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet, still between a few schools.

School: Nova Southeastern University
Degree (Psy.D., Ph.D., Ed.D): Psy.D.
Funding (optional): None
Track (optional): Neuropsychology
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Probably not, I still have other interviews.

I applied and interviewed for the Ph.D. program but was selected as an alternate.

School: Nova Southeastern University
Funding (optional): None
Track (optional): Neuropsychology
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: I still have 3 other interviews. Will decide after all offers have been made. The program had a warm and inviting atmosphere overall.

School: Health Psychology and Clinical Science program (HPCS) at the CUNY Graduate Center
Funding (optional): Fully funded for 5 years
Track (optional): Clinical science
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Declined :( now down to choosing between two offers. This is so hard.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-20_21-44-2.png
    upload_2015-2-20_21-44-2.png
    95 bytes · Views: 65
Last edited:
Can anyone claim the acceptance posts from University of Florida clinical on Grad Cafe? Did you receive a notice from your POI or DCT?

School: University of South Carolina
Program (Counseling, Clinical, School): Clinical-Community Psychology
Did you accept the offer, if not, where did you accept?: Not yet - almost done with interviews!