Psych applicant with question regarding step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggy1027

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a US med student who will be taking CK in mid November and CS in early Jan. Does anyone know if I will run into problems as my CS result will likely not be in by the time rank lists are submitted? I have heard that some states are changing the requirements for a Limited License and as a result schools may want confirmation of having passed both CK and CS prior to ranking an applicant. Bottom line... Will having a pending CS result hurt my chances of being ranked at a competitive program?

thanks,

Z

Members don't see this ad.

The only reason you would want to show a program your Step 2 score is if you did poorly on Step 1 and significantly better on Step 2. I took Step 2 in April last year before the start of residency. I'm not sure about any new regulations.

While I believe the passage of Step 2 to get a provisional license is being discussed in many states, the information I've seen indicates that it won't go into effect for this application cycle.