Psych GRE DSM-V review material help?

Started by Dirkwww
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dirkwww

Post Bach
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Im taking the Psych GRE for a few programs and have several books for study. I think I am good but I can't find a book that covers the new DSM-V. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for books or any resources for studying for that part of it. It could be a review book that is updated, a website with the info, or anything to help me study.
Thanks!
 
Hey guys,
Im taking the Psych GRE for a few programs and have several books for study. I think I am good but I can't find a book that covers the new DSM-V. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for books or any resources for studying for that part of it. It could be a review book that is updated, a website with the info, or anything to help me study.
Thanks!

I took the Psych GRE a year ago and there's very little clinical or abnormal stuff at all, let alone anything that has been updated since DSM IV-TR.

As long as you're generally familiar with abnormal and clinical (e.g. IV-TR), you should focus on other stuff, like psychophysics, cog, stats and methods, developmental, and historical psych (e.g. Erickson, Piaget, Freud, etc.), instead.