Psych Match Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO-Riz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im relieved that I matched!!!! And good luck to evryone else out there...
I was browsing thru the regional match stats and I thoought it was interesting that out of 1037 total Psych spots, only 54 wre unfilled!
Looks like Psych is def getting more competitive.......

Riz

Members don't see this ad.

DO-Riz said:
Im relieved that I matched!!!! And good luck to evryone else out there...
I was browsing thru the regional match stats and I thoought it was interesting that out of 1037 total Psych spots, only 54 wre unfilled!
Looks like Psych is def getting more competitive.......

Riz

Hey Riz, whered you find that info? On NRMP.org?

Members don't see this ad :)
psych2b said:

i didnt match. hopefully do better in the scramble. anyhow i thought it was interesting that a lot of the unmatched spots r in the midwest region. psych i feel is getting more competetive as about 95% got filled. however in Internal Med about 98% got filled. in Family med about 85% got filled.

sga430 said:
i didnt match. hopefully do better in the scramble. anyhow i thought it was interesting that a lot of the unmatched spots r in the midwest region. psych i feel is getting more competetive as about 95% got filled. however in Internal Med about 98% got filled. in Family med about 85% got filled.

anyone know what the percentage of U.S. grads is in each specialty?

sga430 said:

Good luck sga! I hope the next couple of days will work out well for you. :luck:

sga430 said:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

sga430 said:

Hey sga430,

i'm sorry to hear about your bad news. Keep your head up and I hope you will get a spot either today or tomorrow. Take care.....

cpep said:
Hey sga430,

i'm sorry to hear about your bad news. Keep your head up and I hope you will get a spot either today or tomorrow. Take care.....

thanks for all the support. day one of the scramble didn't go as planned but i do have some leads for 2mrw. 29 seats/ 15 progs left of the orginal 54 seats/30 progs so i am hopeful. (please dont ask me for the list. it wont happen until the 16th.)

there was 5% unfilled at the start of the scramble. now about 2.5% left. IM was 2% unfilled and FM was about 15% unfilled.

i cant really complain too much. i took my step 2 on January 17th. this created 2 problems. one was that i got less interviews. (only 5.) a lot of those IMG friendly NY progs interview early. I got my score about a week before the ROL deadline. This was too late for prematch offers and maybe even for the match as I saw those with lower scores get prematched. The only things going for me is that I passed on the 1st attempt and that I am a US citizen. another which i am gonna stress is that if u r an IMG it is crucial to have done an observership in psych in the US. I was asked about this in several programs and I am sure it was a consideration for many more. If i go for the next match I will do an observership, research and step 3. I already have some minor semi-psych research under my belt along with a publication credit.

anyways i want to thank everyone for their support. i am nu to this forum but i find myself spending a lot of time here and i would like to wish every1 luck and congradulate those that matched.

sga430 said:
thanks for all the support. day one of the scramble didn't go as planned but i do have some leads for 2mrw. 29 seats/ 15 progs left of the orginal 54 seats/30 progs so i am hopeful. (please dont ask me for the list. it wont happen until the 16th.)

there was 5% unfilled at the start of the scramble. now about 2.5% left. IM was 2% unfilled and FM was about 15% unfilled.

i cant really complain too much. i took my step 2 on January 17th. this created 2 problems. one was that i got less interviews. (only 5.) a lot of those IMG friendly NY progs interview early. I got my score about a week before the ROL deadline. This was too late for prematch offers and maybe even for the match as I saw those with lower scores get prematched. The only things going for me is that I passed on the 1st attempt and that I am a US citizen. another which i am gonna stress is that if u r an IMG it is crucial to have done an observership in psych. I was asked about this in several programs and I am sure it was a consideration for many more. If i go for the next match I will do an observership, research and step 3. I already have some minor semi-psych research under my belt along with a publication credit.

anyways i want to thank everyone for their support. i am nu to this forum but i find myself spending a lot of time here and i would like to wish every1 luck and congradulate those that matched.

Really sorry to hear your story SGA, I'm definitely rooting for you over here. I hope things work out and you get a spot somewhere so you don't have to wait the extra year.

Please make sure you keep us posted - I'll be saying some prayers for you tonight :)

Poety

thanks for your support. there r still a few other seats left.

still no matches as of yet. should i apply into family and switch to psych or should i wait till later?? :confused: