psych pa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rnnpmaybe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone fill me in on what exactly a psych PA does? As compared to a psych NP. Can they see their own patients? Can they do psychotherapy? Are they employed in private practice? Is there a demand? Thanks.

I'm considering a switch from NP to PA, but my focus is psych.

Members don't see this ad.

there are a # of pa's working in psych, many of whom have completed a postgrad residency( see www.appap.org).
they do full scope psychiatry including having their own pt panel and doing therapy, admissions, rounding, med management, etc

Oh my goodness! I anm hoping this person who wants to be a psych PA is not mentally unstable like the ones I know so far. Hmmm...I need to do a study on these psych PA's and Doctors; those that I have met so far are all patients that should have baker acts enforced for their own safety. I am not saying this to be naughty but damn! I would pay a million to see a psych doctor who is not off the chain mentally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you see a lot of mental health professionals?
Yes, I do. I have to call them up on their prescribed medication all the time. They prescribe some hard stuff to these patients who have numerous allergic reactions. As a matter of fact, I have to save their sorry asses most times. These doctors are crazy and I believe they chose psych because of their deranged minds. I know what I am talking about. I work all over the country with these nerds.

I think we all know you don't actually have a job.
Ha! are you serious? Do you really believe I do not have a job? You are so wrong. Lady, you know nothing about me. I go to school full time and I have more than one jobs. My qualifications allow me to give orders my dear. I am a hardworking citizen who always thrive for the best. There is no mountain I cannot climb. Anyway, I have no time to waste with you...I have to exercise now, have a wonderful night and a happy new year.

Ha! are you serious? Do you really believe I do not have a job? You are so wrong. Lady, you know nothing about me. I go to school full time and I have more than one jobs. My qualifications allow me to give orders my dear. I am a hardworking citizen who always thrive for the best. There is no mountain I cannot climb. Anyway, I have no time to waste with you...I have to exercise now, have a wonderful night and a happy new year.

:rolleyes:

Tired, this is so interesting. She thinks I'm a "he," and she thinks you're a "she." Clearly, either there is something wrong with the way we post, or her critical reading skills are fuzzy.

I was talking to Phoslo about this over PM.

Do you think she's really like this, or is this just some kind of hoax? I mean, how can someone bald-faced say the lunatic things that she posts here?

A big part of me hopes that this is an epic troll, a kind of internet performance art.

A little later I need to put together a highlight post of "Julie Walker's Greatest Hits".
burp! burp! burp!

I am 100% certain that you:

(a) Have never graduated from anything other than high school

(b) Do not have a job

(c) Are unmarried and have at least four children

(d) Use the internet to try to pretend you life went the way you wanted it to

(e) Spends day watching soaps and Jerry Springer.

:corny:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was talking to Phoslo about this over PM.

Do you think she's really like this, or is this just some kind of hoax? I mean, how can someone bald-faced say the lunatic things that she posts here?

A big part of me hopes that this is an epic troll, a kind of internet performance art.

A little later I need to put together a highlight post of "Julie Walker's Greatest Hits".
I feel the same way. If this is a troll its Mysterioso level. On the other hand the cynic in me says last post May 08 = two 90 day holds plus time to find a password and computer.

I feel the same way. If this is a troll its Mysterioso level. On the other hand the cynic in me says last post May 08 = two 90 day holds plus time to find a password and computer.

Shazam! I didn't even think about that possibility! You're even more cynical than me. Impressive.

Sweetheart, you need to shut your anus! You seem to be one of those drug seeking medical students. You have chosen this career path to satisfy your drug needs. Wake up! There are many addicts like you who call themselves doctors. I will be away for another year so you will be speaking to yourself *****!

I hate to say this, but this post almost makes me feel sorry for Taurus.

Last edited:
Chill out folks and report posts that are inflammatory rather than responding to them.

Lol, I am sorry guys. I will be on my best behavior from now onwards. All the best for the new year and I do hope to be a good sport next year. Anyway, I will be MIA for a long time, so there will be peace in the "valley". I believe there should be peace at all times so let it begins with me! Again, I am genuinely sorry, peace!

According to her profile on SDN, she is a pharmacist and a nursing student. Wow - should we start calling your Dr. Julie Walker - future RN now? :laugh:

I'll be anxiously awaiting this. I was lost and bored on SDN for a while with she stopped posting. The humor makes my day! I hope this is an Internet hoax / troll because I sure wouldn't want someone like this out treating patients, IMO!

Julie please don't leave - you're my daily cup of coffee!

........My qualifications allow me to give orders my dear...........
>
I would hardly call "shift supervisor" handwritten on your nametag to be a 'qualification'. And yelling "ketsup only, no pickles!" into a greasy microphone most certainly does not constitute "giving orders". LOL!
>
........I have to call them up on their prescribed medication all the time..........
>
I believe Tired may have hit the nail on the head with his e-diagnosis, I think she may be employed however. This sentence leads me to believe she's a pharmacy tech at Rite Aid or something.

In all seriousness, the school I went to has a large foriegn student population. Many of the students were/are born agains from Hatai, and they not only spoke in the same broken grammar she uses, many also told outlandish lies in order to embellish their 'credentials'. Or, psudeo-credentials I should say. Most of them also cheated, a lot.

I am back guys. Did you miss me? I am a changed person. I have been through a lot since I last spoke to you guys. Grace got me through.

>
I would hardly call "shift supervisor" handwritten on your nametag to be a 'qualification'. And yelling "ketsup only, no pickles!" into a greasy microphone most certainly does not constitute "giving orders". LOL!
>

>
I believe Tired may have hit the nail on the head with his e-diagnosis, I think she may be employed however. This sentence leads me to believe she's a pharmacy tech at Rite Aid or something.

In all seriousness, the school I went to has a large foriegn student population. Many of the students were/are born agains from Hatai, and they not only spoke in the same broken grammar she uses, many also told outlandish lies in order to embellish their 'credentials'. Or, psudeo-credentials I should say. Most of them also cheated, a lot.
I do not have to lie about my credentials. I am an over achiever that's all. By the way, I am a citizen of the United States Of America. Thank you!